- Carry out the research activities within the projects of the group and as requested by Supervisor,
- Adapt existing and develop new scientific methodologies and experimental protocols,
- Test hypotheses and analyze scientific data from a variety of sources, reviewing and refining working hypotheses as appropriate,
- Contribute ideas for new research projects and contribute to its preparation,
- Undertake comprehensive and systematic literature reviews and summarize the results for publication in peer-reviewed journals,
- Collaborate in preparation of scientific/project reports and journal papers and occasionally present results of the work at conferences,
- Use specialized scientific equipment in a laboratory environment,
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques,
- Represent the research group at external meetings/seminars, either with other members of the group or alone,
- Communicate and coordinate the experiments with the cooperating partners,
- You will have possibility to teach and supervise master/bachelor theses.
We are looking for highly motivated researcher with a strong background or interest in surface science. Candidates should have experience in surface science and vacuum technology.
- Applicants should possess, or be very close to obtaining a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Engineering,
- Applicants should possess a master degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Engineering,
- Experience (track of records) in surface science under UHV conditions,
- Good interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work as a member of a team,
- Should have very good English – both spoken and written.
- The ability to direct own research and interpret results independently,
- Experience with working at synchrotron sources,
- Experience with oxide materials and catalysis,
- An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups.
Interested candidate should provide:
- Detailed CV including list of publications,
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying,
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.